Senior citizen homes are a new trend in real estate sector these days. Some people think it is not okay, but if we check the other side of the coin, it is very much required and a good step in this busy life. Indeed the senior citizens and our old age people feel alone and worthless at times in home since they lack the work they used to do earlier and the company of individuals who belong to same age group. These old-age homes are one of the best solutions to provide them. In past few years, its scope has increased immensely. Here in this article, we are going to share the list of cities where you can get the retirement communities and can also find the best place to live.
1. Pondicherry: Pondicherry has witnessed the start of old age homes in the last couple of years. It is located in the southern part of India and is quiet and peaceful. The weather and the other services in Pondicherry is entirely appropriate for senior citizens. It gets neither too hot nor too cold and free from industrial pollution as well. Additionally, the pre-existing retiring homes would also accompany the new ones, and one can also get luxury retirement houses over here.
2. Chandigarh: On the northern part of India Chandigarh is accessible through all the mode of transport except sea route and is quite a perfect spot for old people. The people living out in Chandigarh are quite open to the concept of senior citizen homes. Medical facilities available in Chandigarh are also very appreciable and useful for the elderly. It is less than 5 hours far from Delhi via road makes its appropriate place for senior citizens.
3. Bangalore: If you are looking for best retirement communities in India, then Bangalore must be on top in your choices. It is neither too fast like other metro cities nor slow like any tier 2 city. Most of the MNC made Bangalore as their hubs and a huge part of youth are working for them and could not accompany their parents, Hence the senior citizens over here started communities and the old age homes help a lot. Bangalore is accessible through all the mode of communications with the availability of every service on fingertips. You can also find luxury retirements homes in Bangalore that can make things a lot easier for you.
After securing the future of our loved ones, a happy and comfortable retirement is our only dream. People work all their life so that they can live with ease after their retirement. The dream of being happy after retirement can be achieved easily if you plan a little.
Ensuring that your life is as comfortable as it was before retirement can be overwhelming and may include many things like planning your finances and choosing between your family and retirement homes.
Choosing a retirement home can be a very confusing process, especially with so many factors to keep in mind and so many options to consider. Somethings you should keep in mind while selecting a retirement home are:
- The overall atmosphere should be pleasant and filled with good vibes. The staff should be humble and care while the residents should look happy and satisfied.
- The infrastructure should be good and age proof. If you’re confused about what “age-proof” means, it basically includes slip free tiles on a floor, handles in washrooms and other similar things which will help you in old age.
- Culinary services: Check how many meals a retirement home provides its residents and its quality. If you get the chance, do check if the hygiene is maintained in the kitchen.
- Look for the retirement home which offers the most services at reasonable prices. For starters, transportation and laundry are few important ones.
- Apart from the essentials mentioned above look for the recreational activities a retirement home offers. Retirement home activities might include volunteer work, movie screenings, etc.
Anandam retirement homes in Bengaluru are a nice option if you are looking for a place to start. Infrastructure is perfectly age-proof, specially made for ageing residents. The staff and management are very humble and it is managed by Bahri Management services. The place has the cafeteria and an eating place which provides three meals per day and residents can order anything from the cafeteria at any point in time. Recreation is just as good as other aspects of this place as retirement home activities include golf in a full-fledged golf course, tennis court designed by Mahesh Bhupati himself, football ground and much more like movie screenings and volunteer work. Apart from this Anandam organises regular check-up camps for its residents and has tie ups with Apollo telehealth, AVN Ayurveda and Shreedharyam eye clinic.
The life after retirement is a major chunk of your life, do take the right decisions to live in leisure and comfort.
Retirement, a point in a person’s life when he stops employment completely. Every individual wants to spend his retirement peacefully and in leisure. Some chose to stay with their kids/family whereas some chose to migrate to a retirement home or community.
Now if you belong to the first category it’s all well and good but if you’ve decided to spend your retirement in a retirement home, you should make sure that you chose one of the best retirement homes in India to spend this phase of the life.
Some factors that one should consider before choosing a retirement home are:
- Appearance, ambience and overall atmosphere
- Physical features like the infrastructure, places of interest, power backup, etc. and its maintenance. It’s important to take a note of the physical features of a retirement home and check if it is age proof.
- Always try to communicate with the staff to know their behaviour towards the residents. A humble and happy staff is always a very good indicator of the societal atmosphere of a place
- List of services provided by the place especially the food and sanitation. Check for special services like laundry, barbers, etc.
- Lastly, check the contract terms and conditions
One good option that we would like to recommend is Anandam. This aesthetically designed retirement home in Kodaikanal is managed by Bahri Realty Management Services. This retirement home is one the best retirement homes in India as it is specially designed or the elderly with its anti-skid tiles, grab bars in washrooms, age friendly doors & windows and emergency response system. Apart from this, it has a complete power backup, electrical surveillance, fire alarms, etc.
Recreational facilities here include the fully loaded club house and a full-fledged golf course.
This retirement home provides retirement villas with 1,2 or 3 BHKS. As far as dining goes, Anandam features a cafeteria which can provide fresh food to the residents throughout the day. Individuals with certain specific food needs are also given full attention and the food cooked is cooked with less oil and spice keeping the age of residents in mind.
This retirement home also makes sure that its residents can tackle boredom as it provides its residents with an option to play golf, tennis, croquet and screens new movies regularly.
Anandam also partners with leading names in health care sector like Apollo and Avn Ayurveda to provide its residents easy medical access.
In conclusion, of your life after retirement in leisure, consider Anandam as an option.
As you get wiser by the years and the experience you gain, the regular community where you have been living for all these years may not suit your needs any longer. With your increasing age you may require some living assistance, you might want to be around people closer to your age or you might just want to be in some place quieter. That is the perfect time when you should be looking for retirement home as a retirement home can provide you with all your needs and there are many retirement homes available with various facilities to choose from.
So, now when you have decided to move to a retirement facility the most vital question is how to choose a community that fulfills your needs. Here are some points that will help you find the right community for you:
Needs and age – While considering retirement communities, it is very important to consider the needs you require and also the needs that you have in mind and also your age, as the majority of the senior retirement living have an age limit on who can buy a home within the community. You might be just looking for a place where you don’t have to mow your own lawn anymore or a place where you can meet others in the same stage of life as you and have a fun chat with them and relive your young days all over again. So, while looking for a community keep these details in mind as it will make your search a lot easier.
The lifestyle you prefer – Next thing that you should consider is the type of lifestyle you want to be living in the retirement community. Whether you are looking for an active lifestyle and a place to socialize or just a quiet home where you can just relax and spend time with your spouse? Whatever lifestyle you may choose, it’s important that you ask questions before deciding on your community. It will just help you to make your decision more smoothly.
Finally, choosing the best retirement home for yourself boils down to what you prefer to do on your retired days and how much money you have to spend on doing so. Your choice can also be made on whether you want a luxury retirement homes or do you want a simple place with like minded people. Whatever might be your choice always remember, what anybody else tells you is just not as relevant as your own preference.